ADSM-L

File won't backup with SERIALIZATION=DYNAMIC

2000-04-21 15:50:14
Subject: File won't backup with SERIALIZATION=DYNAMIC
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:50:14 -0400
TSM 3.7.1.0 on OS390 2.6
TSM B/A Client 3.7.1.0 on Winnt4.0 SP4

I have a management class defined on my server with a serialization of
DYNAMIC. The output is listed below. I made sure it was 'active'. I then
coded in my DSM.OPT file an

INCLUDE C:\WINNT\PROFILE\U10138\NTUSER.DAT DYNAMIC

And then I proceeded to try and backup this file. It retries 4 times, and
then fails with file in use. Even though I specified serialization=DYNAMIC.
I then tried using the -CHA=2 on the SEL command, and it still tried 4
times!! I put it in the DSM.OPT file and still 4 times. If I do a SHOW
INCLEXCL I see my INCLUDE statament for the file. I then tried it with a
INCREMENTAL, but still fails. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here??!???

            Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
               Policy Set Name: ACTIVE
               Mgmt Class Name: DYNAMIC
               Copy Group Name: STANDARD