ADSM-L

Re: Reclaim thresholds

2000-04-07 14:37:29
Subject: Re: Reclaim thresholds
From: "Kronstadt, Dan" <Dan.Kronstadt AT WARNERBROS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:37:29 -0700
I have had a question about offsite copies for some time, and this thread
looks like a good place to ask it - I dont really feel the need for having
as many versions of files offsite as I have onsite. Offsite is essentially
for disaster recovery - and while I may want 15 copies of a file onsite for
recovery of corrupted files, etc, I would stick with one or two for offsite.
Thats the way I would do it if I was using a straight backup tool, and
managing the tapes manually ... But I dont believe there is any way to do
with with ADSM. And ADSM makes my offsite copies larger and more "expenisve"
(in a variety of senses - processing time, tape costs, storage/shipping
costs, etc.) than I feel I need.

Any suggestions?

Dan Kronstadt
Warner Bros.