ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled event takes 2-3 minutes to start. Why?

2000-04-04 09:59:59
Subject: Re: Scheduled event takes 2-3 minutes to start. Why?
From: Mark Brown <mbrown AT PO-BOX.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:59:59 -0400
It sounds like the   "Execution interval for randomization of start
times" is set to
something other than 0(zero).

By default ADSM sets it to 25%. This means all clients will start
randomly in the
first 1/4 of the startup window. If you set it to 0 then all nodes will
start at the
right time.

--
Thank You,
Thank You,

Mark Brown

Operations Supervisor
McGill University
Computing Centre Operations

E-Mail :    mbrown AT po-box.mcgill DOT ca
Phone  :    514-398-2321
WWW    :    http://mbrown.cc.mcgill.ca