ADSM-L

Re: Out of memory error - part 2

2000-03-15 18:44:57
Subject: Re: Out of memory error - part 2
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:44:57 -0800
Yes, that's the ticket.  It used to be called SLOWINCREMENTAL (ON/OFF)
and as previously stated it chops the information coming back from the
adsm server into bits at, I think, the directory level, and performs
the incremental one directory at a time.  More network traffic but
less memory usage.

We use it a lot for Mac users that refuse or can't change their
running adsm size under GETINFO.   Sigh.

.. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley