ADSM-L

Multiple *SM Servers, consolidating logs?

2000-01-18 13:34:21
Subject: Multiple *SM Servers, consolidating logs?
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:34:21 -0600
I am a newbie so bear with me :-)

I have 8 ADSM 3.1 Servers spread across the country, 5 AS/400 and 3 NT.

I have finally gotten all my backups, etc. scheduled and running pretty
reliably at all locations.  I want to setup something to consolidate the
log files from all 8 of my ADSM servers so I can quickly check/verify the
status of operations from the night before.

I have thought about implementing scripts and using the command line admin
client to query the event logs, but I'm not sure how I would accomplish
that with 8 different servers.  Is there a way to specify which server I
want in the dsmadmc command line?  I couldn't find it.  The other option I
am thinking is to have 8 different options files on my admin client PC with
a different one for each server?  Will that work?

Right now, I am changing my options file on the fly to check the different
servers, it's a royal PIA, and taking much longer than it needs too.  I
know there is a better way, I just need some help.

Thanks,

John Monahan
Network Administrator
Liberty Diversified Industries