ADSM-L

Backing up databases

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Backing up databases
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi *SM-ers!
We are currently implementing an online backup for a client using SAP
databases. We are going to do this through BACKINT/ADSM or TDP for SAP.
The TDP for SAP manual instructs to create a management class with no
expiration. According to the manual I should issue the following commands:

def policyset sap_C21 p_C21
def mgmtclass sap_C21 p_C21 mdefault
def mgmtclass sap_C21 p_C21 mdb
def mgmtclass sap_C21 p_C21 mlog1
def mgmtclass sap_C21 p_C21 mlog2
def copygroup sap_C21 p_C21 mdb type=archive dest=sap_db retver=9999
def copygroup sap_C21 p_C21 mlog1 type=archive dest=sap_log1 retver=9999
def copygroup sap_C21 p_C21 mlog2 type=archive dest=sap_log2 retver=9999
def copygroup sap_C21 p_C21 mdefault type=backup dest=sap_incr ser=shrst
def copygroup sap_C21 p_C21 mdefault type=archive dest=dummy
assign defmgmtc sap_C21 p_C21 mdefault

If I do this, sap_C21 will be the default manamentclass, but I already
backup system and user data from that same node, which should expire after
14 days.
What is the best way to implement an environment with both the ADSM client
and a TDP client on the same machine? Should I create a new ADSM node for
the TDP client?
Thank you very much for your reply!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon