ADSM-L

Backup to new management class

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Backup to new management class
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                   Subject:
                                                  Backup to new management
                                                  class
                                                             Attachment(s):
I want to start backing up certain files to a new management class.  This
new management class will use a different storage pool than the current
management class.  I plan to modify certain Include statements on several
of my clients to reference the new management class.  Here are my
questions:

1) When the next backup runs, what will happen to all the versions (the
"inactives") I already have backed up?  Does it work differently if the
file no longer exists on the client?

2) We have DRM.  We do not intend to use DRM on the new storage pool.  So,
when the next backup runs, what will happen to the versions in the current
offsite storage pool?  Will they get deleted automatically?  If not, what
do I have to do to get them deleted?

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 228-2570