ADSM-L

Problems with query occupancy

1999-12-02 10:53:16
Subject: Problems with query occupancy
From: Carlos da Cunha e Silva <cdacunha AT ANHYP DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:53:16 +0100
We want to take an extra ADSM backup on the 31 th of December.  This backup
has to be kept separately from the other backups.
To do this we defined all our nodes (with a new name) in a new domain.  The
default management class in this domain will keep the backup version for an
unlimited time and points to a different storage group.
After taking backups with some clients we find that :

   - for the AIX clients everything works fine
   - for the OS2 clients we find that backups for the new node are made to
   the new destination, but also from the old node name to the new
   destination

Has anyone an explanation ?

Something else :

   - every night we copy our tape pool to a copy pool (incremental) for
   disaster recovery purposes.  We find that there is a significant
   difference in the number of files and space occupancy between our
   primary pool and the copy pool.  Space reclamation runs daily.

   Here's an example

     S120              Bkup  VS120_F     UITWIJK1             13,762
562.46     562.46
     S120              Bkup  VS120_F     UITWIJK2             13,762
562.46     562.46
     S120              Bkup  VS120_F     UITWIJK3             13,762
562.46     562.46
     S120              Bkup  VS120_F     UITWIJKTAPE     37,591   2,428.37
   2,428.37

        The primary pool is UITWIJKTAPE.
         It has three copy pools UITWIJK1 till 3 ! I would expect the sizes
 to match these of the primary pool

Any suggestions ?