ADSM-L

missing VOL

1999-12-02 10:03:52
Subject: missing VOL
From: "Endersby, David" <David.Endersby AT VALUEOPTIONS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:03:52 -0500
CONFIGURATION:
ADSM Server Level 3.1.2.40
AIX OSLevel 4.3.2.0
MECH: Server is a RS/6000 R40 using SSA DASD for DiskStoragePool.
ATL: 3494 with four 3590 tape devices.

PROBLEM:
Within my PLANFILE,  generated by the prepare command, one of the stanzas
for server recovery is the VOLUME.HISTORY.FILE. The  VOLUME.HISTORY.FILE
list several volumes were volume type equals EXPORT.  After issuing the "q
libvol" command, I am only able to account for 26 of the 46 volumes listed.
I have already checked with my offsite storage provider with negative
results of locating the missing volumes.  I even queried the library manager
in the ATL hoping that it would show these missing volumes cell location (no
such luck). Has anybody experienced the same problem, if so, what did you
do?

p.s.. "q cont" will not work on these volumes
David A. Endersby
System Administrator
ValueOptions
3110 Fairview Park Drive