ADSM-L

Re: 3570 Drives Having conniptions

1999-11-18 08:18:07
Subject: Re: 3570 Drives Having conniptions
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:18:07 -0500
Can't fill in all of the details on the levels that we ended up at (been
awhile ago) but we ran 3570's in a 3575 L32 for roughly a year. Saw pretty
much everything described in the attached. Thankfully we have moved to
3590E's in a 3494..... Almost forget that they are in the data center they
are running some smoothly!

For the 3575/3570 we ended up going with the latest device driver on the AIX
side, latest microcode on the drives and also upgraded the E-PROM on the
3575. Once all that was done it actually started to run pretty good....
About a month later the new library was installed......

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin
Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg Md.