ADSM-L

Dsmserv error - help!

1999-11-03 09:53:16
Subject: Dsmserv error - help!
From: Marita Gonsalves <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY.PVT.K12.NC DOT US>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:53:16 -0500
Hello all,
When I came in this a.m. I saw Dr. Watson error for dsmserv.exe.  and
dsmsvc.exe.   I also noticed the following error:

ANR9999D pktthread.c(825): Run-time assertion failed: "Cmp64( scanLsn,
LOGV->hea-dLsn ) != GREATHERTHAN", Thread 0 File logread.c, Line 352.
I looked up this error code in Messages and the explanation is "this message
carries informational text relating to a server event.
User Response: Examine error messages that may have been displayed before
and/or after this message and correct any problems, if possible.  If this
does not resolve the problem, contact your support rep.
Not helpful at all.  So I checked the event viewer log and saw this:
Fatal error while trying to open an ADSM volume.  The most likely cause of
this error is that another ADSM server is running and has allocated the
volume.  Each ADSM server is associated with a directory and a set of
volumes.  ADSM servers running on Windows NT have a registry key value which
identifies them.  The default server has a key of Server1. Only one copy of
an ADSM server, Server1 for example, can be run at a time since ADSM does
not share volumes between servers. You will need to shut down the server
before you can start another one.

I re-booted the server and that didn't seem to help since I got the same
error and the ADSM server service is still stopped.  Where does this
registry key live?  What are my options?  Any help suggestions would be
appreciated.  I'm running ADSM ver. 2 on Windows NT 4.0.

Thanks,

Marita Gonsalves
Cary Academy
Cary, NC