ADSM-L

Re: Online Agents and MS Cluster.

1999-11-03 09:53:21
Subject: Re: Online Agents and MS Cluster.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:53:21 -0500
Anders,

The current versions of the SQL and Exchange Agents
are not cluster aware.  But...

The Exchange Agent will work in a cluster.
The caveat is that the backups are stored on the
ADSM Server under the machinename instead of the
virtual Exchange Server name.  So, the backups
taken on a primary and secondary nodes will not
be categorized together.  Not a problem, just
an annoyance.  You WILL still be able
to restore them.

The SQL Agent will not work as is...but...

The good news...

We will have a PTF soon for BOTH Agents that
adds cluster support.  Please don't ask
me to give you exact dates but it will be soon.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler