ADSM-L

Exchange connecting Agent logs

1999-10-28 01:04:21
Subject: Exchange connecting Agent logs
From: Roland Bender <BENDERR AT ING.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:04:21 +0200
Hello all,

i noticed that exchange write 2 logfiles. The DSIERROR.LOG and the
EXECDSM.LOG.

Am i right that the DSIERROR.LOG will be created if the TCP/IP connection
get lost?
Or will this log be created in other cases too? Has someone experience with
this?

The EXECDSM.LOG is scanned from me by ITO on the following content:

        (N/A)

and

        ANS.

If the two words appear in the Log my ITO will alert me to have a closer
look at the logfile.

That works well. But i am looking for a string that tell me if the backup
process is successfull ended.
What should i scan to get the needed information above?

I am new to the ADSM but at that list for a long time. I would like to say
thank you to all of you who
provided us beginners that service.

Thanx in advance

Roland