ADSM-L

Re: Moving the ADSM database and transaction logs

1999-10-21 14:21:12
Subject: Re: Moving the ADSM database and transaction logs
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:21:12 -0400
>We are adding disk and want to allocate our ADSM database fresh on the new
>disks. What do I need to do to move the ADSM database and log files and
>retain current data?

Presuming that the new volume will hold all the old data:
simply add the new volume to the database, extend to make use of its space,
then delete the old volumes: the contents get moved from the volumes being
deleted onto what remains.
(Note that you could add the new volume as a mirror, but only it should be
the same size as the volume being mirrored, so the more general approach
above should be preferable for you.)
     Richard Sims, BU