ADSM-L

Re: Moving the ADSM database and transaction logs

1999-10-21 14:40:22
Subject: Re: Moving the ADSM database and transaction logs
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:40:22 -0400
Hi:
You said that the data would be moved to the new volumes from the old if the
old volumes were deleted? At the point the DELETE DBVOL or DELETE LOGV was
issued?

>>> Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> 10/21/99 02:21PM >>>
>We are adding disk and want to allocate our ADSM database fresh on the new
>disks. What do I need to do to move the ADSM database and log files and
>retain current data?

Presuming that the new volume will hold all the old data:
simply add the new volume to the database, extend to make use of its space,
then delete the old volumes: the contents get moved from the volumes being
deleted onto what remains.
(Note that you could add the new volume as a mirror, but only it should be
the same size as the volume being mirrored, so the more general approach
above should be preferable for you.)
     Richard Sims, BU