ADSM-L

NetWare directory/schema restore

1999-10-21 14:18:29
Subject: NetWare directory/schema restore
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:18:29 -0400
Hi all, has anyone using the NetWare client ever tried successfully to
restore the entire NDS including the schema?
In doing some disaster recovery testing I ran into a problem restoring a
directory that had the schema extended by several products, NetWare SP6,
ZENworks, and the NDS upgrade that comes with NetWare 5. If I do a load dsmc
restore directory -replace=all it consistently hangs on the schema at 4 or 5
%. I am currently working with IBM support to try and fix the problem but I
was curious if anyone else has successfully done this or am I just unique??

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corporation
100 Park Avenue