ADSM-L

Client option set question(s)

1999-10-21 14:01:56
Subject: Client option set question(s)
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:01:56 -0400
I am getting ready to implement some client option sets to try and
standardize options and include/exclude lists. After reading the material on
client option sets I have a couple questions:

1. When I make changes to the client options that a node is set up for, do I
need to restart the scheduler service on that node for the changes to take
effect? Basically, when does the client scheduler service refresh his
options from the cloptsets?

2. Is there a way through a trace flag or whatever, to get a list of the
options the client isusing after merging together the cloptsets and DSM.OPT
file? I'm especially interested in seeing the include/excludes.

3. If I update a node to use a cloptset, do I need to restart the scheduler
service on the client?

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.