ADSM-L

Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle: archive?

1999-10-21 12:41:52
Subject: Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle: archive?
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:41:52 -0600
hi Jason,

Even though Oracle agent does the 'backup' operation, you can think of the
backups as 'archive' since object names that backed up is unique for every
backup.  The backed up objects can be on the Tivoli Storage Manager Server as
long as a customer wants.  I would recommend to use different management class
for weekly full backups so that the backups can be retain for as long as the
customer wants.  Whenever you perform the weekly full backups, don't forget to
back up the catalog database also.

regards,
Thiha