ADSM-L

POINT IN TIME dbase restore

1999-10-18 07:56:11
Subject: POINT IN TIME dbase restore
From: Karl Roessmann <roess AT DVFKF.MPI-STUTTGART.MPG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:56:11 +0200
Hello,
we had a serious database problem:
        "ANR0361E Database initialization failed"
we did a POINt in TIME restore of the db.

The last full backup tape and two incrementals were used.
Everything worked fine and the server is up again.

Now we discovered that the last incremental backup did not
show in the activity log the final message:

        36000 of 36000 pages backed up

Instead it ended one line before.

Now we are not sure if this incremental backup has completed
successfully.
Should we worry about it and go further back ?

karl
Karl Roessmann                          Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Karl Roessmann                          Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart          Fax. +49-711-689-1632
Heisenbergstr. 1
70506 Stuttgart                         email roess AT dvfkf.mpi-stuttgart.mpg
DOT de