ADSM-L

DB backup tapes

1999-10-18 05:41:48
Subject: DB backup tapes
From: "Sharp, Chris" <chris.sharp AT PMSC.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:41:48 +0100
Hello All,
        Little puzzle, we have an NT4 setup using a backup pool on a Magstar
3575 l06 tape library, all backups are done over night, then the DR media is
create first thing, then a fool DB backup is done on to scratch tapes from
the Tape library. To remove the DR media from the Library I use the Move
drmedia command, which also removes the DB backup tape. This is all fine,
using reclaim on the DR pool I get tapes back, but I cannot find a reference
to any of the DB backup tapes that get taken of site, the system seems to
not recognise them anymore.....Is there any way to find out which tapes they
are, and I assume that the day before's DB backup becomes irrelevant once a
new full one has been created (but best to keep x of them for DR purposes.)

Cheers for any help

Chriss.