ADSM-L

Telling ADSM about increase in library slots

1999-10-14 11:30:03
Subject: Telling ADSM about increase in library slots
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:30:03 +0100
Using ADSM version 3.1.2.40 under AIX 4.3 .

Our STK 9714 tape library is having the number of slots increased
from 60 to 100. Does anyone know what you need to tell ADSM to
make the extra slots available ?

If we add an extra drive to the library, I assume we just need to
perform a

mkdev -c adsmtape  -t 'ADSM-SCSI-MT' -s 'scsi' -p 'scsi....

and a 'define drive' within ADSM. If you've done this, was anything
else needed ?

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794