ADSM-L

Large file backup

1999-10-07 05:12:43
Subject: Large file backup
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:12:43 +0100
I had a problem yesterday when my recovery log filled and the server halted.
It looks like the reason for this was caused by our DB2 backup files being over
10GB.
Whilst these files are being backed up to disk, or migrated from disk to tape,
the server seems to be dedicating ALL of it's time to this process. No other
backup restore, archive or retrieve can take place.
The only activity on the server appears to be that the recovery log is growing.

We are running ADSM (TSM) server version 3.1.2.15 on AIX 4.2.1

Has anyone seen this before ?  Is there a max size that ADSM can cope with ? Are
there any Tuning parameters to check ?

Thanks,
Gary Harrison
Arcadia Group PLC