ADSM-L

MS SQL agent

2015-10-04 17:38:06
Subject: MS SQL agent
From: Carl Minear. [mailto:cminear AT HARCOURT DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all,

I've installed the ADSMConnect SQL agent v1r1 on an NT V4.0 SP5 server using
SQL
Server V7.00.699 SP1.   When attempting to open the tree structure of the
databases on the SQL server we receive message window "Can't open attributes
for
the SQL database."  On the v3r1m2.2 ADSM server (MVS), I see message pairs
ANR0406I and ANR0403I so I know connectivity isn't a problem.

The trusted connection and the standard security methods of login were
attempted
to no avail.

I'm beginning to wonder if v1r1 of the SQL agent is compatible with SQL
Server
V7.  I found information on the Tivoli URL
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage_mgt/adsm/adagent.htm#SQL
that indicates it should work but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to
work.

Any war stories out there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Carl