ADSM-L

Archiving Questions

1999-10-05 07:51:02
Subject: Archiving Questions
From: "Turner, Todd" <todd.turner AT REXHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 07:51:02 -0400
I have several questions regarding setting up archiving.  We are running
ADSM version 3.1 on AIX 4.3.2.  The AIX client is also version 3.1.

1.  How do I override the incl_excl file to only archive a particular
directory structure?
2.  How do I override the pre.adsm and post.adsm commands executed from the
dsm.opt file?  In our environment, the pre and post shut down and start up
databases.  I do not want these to run, because we are going to back up a
directory that contains a cold database backup.
3.  How do I ensure that the archive directs the output to the archive copy
group?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.