ADSM-L

Extremely long backup time - Sun OS Client 2.1.08

1999-10-04 13:16:16
Subject: Extremely long backup time - Sun OS Client 2.1.08
From: Cody Cauchi <cody AT UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:16:16 GMT
     I am using the Sun OS Client 2.1.08 for an auspex machine. Typically
on this machine we back up about 4 GB of data every night. This usually
takes about 5-6 hours at most. Recently, on two occasions,  this client has
taken 22 hours to complete its backups. This 'fluke' occurs off and on, and
I do not see anything different in the scheduler log to reflect this
problem. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem ?? The
ADSM server that we are using is an AIX rs6000 box. The level of the server
is 3.1.2.20. If anyone has some information could you please email me at
cody AT uwindsor DOT ca. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cody Cauchi, Associate Systems Programmer
IT Department,
University of Windsor
Windsor, ON