ADSM-L

RMAN Restores

1999-10-04 12:55:16
Subject: RMAN Restores
From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:55:16 -0400
Good Morning(Afternoon) All,

        We are trying to restore an Oracle archivelog and are experiencing
problems. RMAN runs it's backup and send the data to ADSM.  ADSM, under the
direction of the backup copy group,  writes the data out to the backuppool which
is on disk.  The backuppool is flushed every morning to tape.  When a restore of
the data is attempted, ADSM can't find the data and we receive an ANS1302E
error.  When we set the backup copy group to write out to tape and then do a
restore, RMAN/ADSM have no problems.  Is this because RMAN/ADSM is confused
about where the data is actually stored?  Is it because of the way RMAN recalls
the data?  Has anyone else seen this?

ADSM V 3.1.2.13 on NT 4.0 sp4.
Oracle V 8.0

Sean McNamara