ADSM-L

Copy reclamation pool

1999-09-16 10:35:24
Subject: Copy reclamation pool
From: Jonathan Lepage <Jonathan.Lepage AT FID.DESJARDINS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:35:24 -0400
Hi everyone,

     I already posted that problem but I didn't received an answer that
satisfied me, so I'll explain my problem more clearly.  We have Installed ADSM
SERVER v3.1.0.7 on our AS/400 (model 640) and we are using a 3590 tape drive.
Last week 6 of my copy pool tape had a percent of reclamation over 80% so I
tried to do a reclamation.  First, since we didn't implement a offsite policy, I
tried to reclaim the tape with the volume status R/O But nothing happen. Then I
change the status to OFFSITE I was then prompted for a Tape from my primary pool
(so far everything seems fine) but then I receive the following error

 ANR0985I Process 6 for SPACE RECLAMATION running in the BACKGROUND completed
with completion state FAILURE at 12:59:37.
 ANR1082W Space reclamation terminated for volume DJ0090 - insufficient number
of mount points available for removable media.
 ANR1042I Space reclamation for storage pool COPY_POOL1 will be retried in 60
seconds.

     So I tought of using a Reclaim pool but realize it.'s impossible to define
one for Copy Stgpool.  I tried to do the reclaim manualy by moving the data to
another STGpool of class FILECLASS. I receive another Error Message :

Storage pool RECLAIMPOOL specified on the MOVE DATA command is not a valid
poolname and or pooltype for volume DJ0086.

The reclaimpool was defined as a copy stg pool .

Please help I'm stuck with 6 tapes that are only 1% full

Thanks

Jonathan Lepage
Fiducie Desjardins
jonathan.lepage@fid,desjardins.com