ADSM-L

NRC client with V2

1999-08-26 11:41:43
Subject: NRC client with V2
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:41:43 -0500
To all:

This morning I was thrown into the fire with an ancient NCR (AT&T) V2.1.0.0.
client in a restore situation --- everything I did that would be normal for
other machines using the command-line I/F didn't work. I was trying to
restore files to bring some directories back to their look before 08/15/1999
--- no matter what date range criteria I tried, inclusive of a single date
(with the FROMD and TOD parms equaling the same date), multiple dates, only
(with the FROMD and TOD parms equaling the same date), multiple dates, only
a TODate parm, but nothing really narrowed the search down --- the only
thing I was assured of was the INActive parm was working. It's as though the
restore won't recognize the date parms at all. Constraints with an
application prevent the machine from being upgraded to any level above
2.1.0.3 client code, but I don't know that that's going to buy me much. The
backups have been running like champs, although the throughput has been
horrible (which is not surprising) --- and yes, I've thought the backups
running through more than one 24 hour period may be causing the confusion,
but the date parms are still being ignored.

Anybody out there with some experience with an older model NCR (AT&T)
machine please let me know if there is some oddity with this type of UNIX
box that I've not seen before --- there's got to be a way we can get thing
moving again with a minimal amount of pain.

Thanks much!

Cindy Cannam

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax
*       Nearly Native Floridian freezing in the Midwest