ADSM-L

Re: HSM on AIX

1999-08-11 07:29:29
Subject: Re: HSM on AIX
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:29:29 +0200
On 10-Aug-99 Simon Watson wrote:
> Anyway we are having a problem with one of the file systems when it
> tries to build a migration candidate list.  It keeps saying that there
> is nothing to migrate, although it is very full, way above what the
> thresholds are set at.

  Take a look at your candidatelist. I guess that the first candidate
  looks a little bit strange, i.e. for example a filename with some
  none-ascii characters, which ruins your migration process, i.e.
  migration says "there is nothing to migrate" because migration can't
  find the match between the first candidate in the filesystem.
  You can delete such
  entries from the candidatelist, but everytime a new candidatelist
  is build, it will come back (as long as you don't remove such a file).
  This was a bug in the old level and is fixed over a year ago (in
  3.1.0.3?)

> If all else fails we will upgrade client (& maybe server) code to see
> if that helps.

  Yes, upgrade your client code (to 3.1.0.7).

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have.