ADSM-L

Re: How can i automate adsm-c pkg install?

1999-08-10 19:34:06
Subject: Re: How can i automate adsm-c pkg install?
From: Michael Lightfoot <michael.lightfoot AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:34:06 +1000
We have hacked jumpstart so that all kinds of things get automagically
added and configured during system builds.  Have a look at this option if
you are still building the machines.

We also are testing a cgi script (Korn shell at the moment) which allows
the adding of a package to a large number of systems.  The script creates
another script which is scp'd (part of ssh but you could use rcp) to the
target machine.  This latter script checks that there is no existing
package installed and does some checking and backout things before remote
mounting the appropriate directory from jumpstart server and installing the
package.

As ADSM requires no responses, it is easy to install this way.  Packages
such as RDBMSs are not so easy.

m.

Dustin Cavanaugh <dcavanaugh AT UCSD DOT EDU> on 11/08/99 06:52:44 am