ADSM-L

Any performance gains with Shared Memory

1999-07-20 12:27:34
Subject: Any performance gains with Shared Memory
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:27:34 -0400
While on the topic of Shared Memory - is it worth using?  Has anyone tried
a before-and-after and seen any substantial performance gains?

I tried Shared Memory under ADSMv2 and saw no substantial gains.  Worse,
after 24 hours of operation it caused my server to hang, frozen solid.
I have had no inclination to try Shared Memory again, and thus was
wondering if in version 3 there are gains that make it worth using - and
if it's reliable now.
      Richard Sims, BU