ADSM-L

Tape problem using ADSM on AS/400 (brms)

1999-07-08 14:08:02
Subject: Tape problem using ADSM on AS/400 (brms)
From: Jonathan Lepage <Jonathan.Lepage AT FID.DESJARDINS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:08:02 -0400
HI,
     Last night we tried to back up most of the AS/400 using BRMS but it
failed because the tape Lib. was varied off when ADSM needed it and caused
ADSM server to crash!! (well this is the only good explanation we found).
Today I tried to Migrate the data we backup yesterday to tape and I
received the error message :

 Message . . . . :   Input volume DJ0071 is not under media inventory
control.
 Cause . . . . . :   Volume DJ0071 is being used for input, and is not

       currently in the media inventory.

       Usage is by job QANRPVRAGE/JLEPAGE/036272.

This message is generated by BRMS?! Why?

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks

Jonathan Lepage
Fiducie Desjardins

P.S. This was our first Full Backup using BRMS