ADSM-L

Re: tape library management

1999-06-23 18:57:07
Subject: Re: tape library management
From: Brian D Chase <bdc AT WORLD.STD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:57:07 -0700
My advice would be that if you've a mix of archive and backup tapes (with
the backups and archives seperated into different storage pools), you can
move the archive tapes out of the library assuming you don't need them too
often. You really never ever want to move tapes containing backups out of
the library unless you enjoy tedium and mental anguish.  Things like tape
reclamation and restore processes become nightmarish.

-brian.