ADSM-L

Anyone Y2K tested Check-in/Check-out on Magstar?

1999-05-25 08:37:20
Subject: Anyone Y2K tested Check-in/Check-out on Magstar?
From: Ian Morphett <morphett AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:37:20 +1000
I am the Y2K Testing Project Manager at a superannuation company in
Australia.

Our production environment is an RS/6000 S70 with an MP 3570 Magstar
tape unit.  We run AIX 4.3.1 and ADSM 3.1.2.1.  However, for cost
reasons, our isolated Y2K testing environment only has a DAT tape on
which we can't test the ADSM Check-in/Check-out feature.

Has anyone out there done Y2K testing on Check-in/Check-out in a similar
software environment and is prepared to share with me (and be
referenced) if it was successful (i.e. no problems on a reasonable range
of Y2K dates)?

I am trying to build a case to exempt this feature from our testing to
avoid the very messy process of testing on the production system.

If so, could you tell me:

   * Name and location of organisation
   * Industry
   * Hardware configuration
   * AIX and ADSM Software levels
   * Y2K dates tested

I would really appreciate any reference sites.  Thank you in advance.

Ian Morphett
NSW State Government Superannuation Administration Authority
Sydney.    NSW
AUSTRALIA
e-mail: morphett AT ibm DOT net or Ian_Morphett AT saa.nsw.gov DOT au