ADSM-L

does this make sense?

1999-05-21 16:14:23
Subject: does this make sense?
From: "Vraspir, Mary J." <MJVraspir AT WEST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:14:23 -0500
I am trying to remove some data from adsm archives.  I want to keep the data
on tapes at offsite location.  I do not want export because that only makes
a copy.
This is not really disaster recovery but  long term storage.

Please consider the following when you respond with brilliant ideas...

The filespace is /usr/vrudata/serbackup/YYMMDD....
I want to keep the last three months.
I can rename the filespace, create a new filespace with the original name
and retrieve pit (last three months)

Qs
Can I then export the renamed filespace (old data) and get back the cells in
the library and space in my database?
Would it be easier to make a list of volumes that contain that data and
check them out?

Details... 3494 with 6 3590 drives
ADSM 3.2.1.20 on sp 9076
1124 total tapes in the library