ADSM-L

Re: Client 3.1.06 Solaris 2.5.1

1999-05-19 09:39:01
Subject: Re: Client 3.1.06 Solaris 2.5.1
From: Richard Cowen <richard.cowen AT VTMEDNET DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:39:01 -0400
>  The only think ... these FSs are exported exactly at the mount point,
>no other client Solaris does that.
>
>          Can anybody tell me why is this happening!
=================================
check out:
IC21581: SOLARIS 2.5. <ADSM> 3.1.0.3 T.3 CLIENT CANNOT MAP AUTOMOUNTED
 FILESYSTEM'S LATTER DIRECTORY, DURING INCR OR SCHED BACKUPS.

 ORIGINATING DETAILS:
 Solaris 2.5. <ADSM> 3.1.0.3 T.3 client cannot map AUTOMOUNTed
 filesystem's latter directory, during incr or sched backups.
 Details:
 1. A problem for both commandline and GUI <ADSM> Solaris BA
    client 3103T3.
 2. <ADSM> is unable to completly map the latter directory on
    filesystems on Solaris clients, mounted through
    AUTOMOUNT {filespace} option.
I added a /home1/users/* to my incremental and that works:

dsmc incremental -subdir=yes / /var /opt "/home1/users/*" /usr /global
-tapeprompt=no > /tmp/dsm5.log

Richard