ADSM-L

Re: Client 3.1.06 Solaris 2.5.1

1999-05-19 08:02:05
Subject: Re: Client 3.1.06 Solaris 2.5.1
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:02:05 +0200
The ADSM client is installed and the FSs I cannot backup are local FSs.
Simply the ADSM (3.1.06) client ignores them!

Ciao Mauro

---- reply
hello ,
hello ,

I don't understand your question .... why doesn't you install adsm client
on your Sparc ???
I have alot a clients like you ( HP, Sun, AIX , NT ) and a E450/SUN as
client .. please could supply me more informations ??

Regards

---- original
Dears,
Dears,

          one of my user cannot backup local files, on a SunSparc-20 with
a SunSolaris 2.5.1 and ADSM client 3.1.06, which are also exported for
NFS mounting. No way to make the ADSM consider these file-spaces (FSs)
even forcing them with a DOMAIN directive or adding them into the
InclExclude file, or using a VirtualMountPoint! No way.
  The only think ... these FSs are exported exactly at the mount point,
no other client Solaris does that.

          Can anybody tell me why is this happening!