ADSM-L

Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data

1999-04-22 03:20:42
Subject: Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data
From: Salvatore Greco <sgreco AT TRUWORTHS.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:20:42 +0200
Whatwe do here is save the file to the AIX partition and then email it to
the offsite media storage company that holds our DRM volumes.

A copy is also cc'd to an Exhcange server public folder as well as me (the
admin).

|Im running daily full backups of the database with BACKUP DB
|and want to run
|similar BACKUP DEVCONFIG and BACKUP VOLHIST for each server
|also (via an admin
|schedule)
|
|Any suggestions?

The use of the Truworths e-mail facility is not permitted for the distribution
of chain letters or offensive email of any nature whatsoever.  Truworths
hereby distances itself from and accepts no liability in respect of the
unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of e-mail
communications for other than strictly business purposes.  Truworths
furthermore disclaims liability for any unauthorised instruction for which
permission was not granted.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive
material of any nature is requested to report it to abuse AT truworths.co DOT za