ADSM-L

Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data

1999-04-21 16:26:36
Subject: Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:26:36 -0400
I have multiple lines in the dsmserv.opt file for volhistory and devconfig.
All of them specify the full path of where I want the devconfig and
volhistory files created.
(You can specify these parms as many times as you want.)
That way I always have multiple copies on different physical disks, and ADSM
keeps them current.
I don't even have to do the BACKUP DEVCONFIG or BACKUP VOLHIST!