ADSM-L

Archive Loop on Sun Solaris

1999-04-14 08:43:33
Subject: Archive Loop on Sun Solaris
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:43:33 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
I have posted this question before, but I haven't received any reply, so
I'll give it another try.

I have the following problem with the ADSM Sun Solaris client:
ADSM archives go into a recursive loop when archiving several directories
containing softlinks.
Test case: the directory /usr/X/bin contains a soft link the link looks like
this:

$pwd
/usr/X/bin
$ ls -la xview
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           1 Jan  7 14:12 xview -> .

When ADSM runs into this it keeps on going and going down and down.
The links are Sun standard, apparently to be compatible with earlier
releases
of Sun Solaris OS. There are more of such softlinks in the OS, same thing
occurs.

We run archives and would appreciate it if we could stop ADSM from following
the links in archive mode.

Releases:
Server: AIX 3.1.2.20
Sun client 3.1.0.6, Solaris 2.6