ADSM-L

Re: SP4 and 3.1.0.6

1999-04-11 20:20:39
Subject: Re: SP4 and 3.1.0.6
From: Mark Reschke <M.Reschke AT ITS.UNIMELB.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:20:39 +1000
Greetings,

I have upgraded all servers and the majority of workstations to NT4SP4 and
NT3.1.0.6.  I had a three of the servers and a large number of workstations
bring up access violation errors for the scheduler service.  For all the
servers and all but one of the workstations a reinstall of the scheduler
service seemed to fix the problem.  It appears as if something is not quite
right in the registry that is fixed by a 'dsmcutil remove', 'dsmcutil
install'.  On the only workstations that this didn't work for (mine of
course!!!) I had to totally remove the ADSM client and reinstall.  It too
seems to be working OK.  I currently have no problems with NT4SP4 and the
NT3.1.0.6 client.  Just to make your day there are strong rumours that
another SP (SP5) is not too far away.  Good luck.

Regards,
Mark.

Mark Reschke
Systems Support Analyst