ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3R1 for Solaris

1999-03-15 10:13:17
Subject: Re: ADSM V3R1 for Solaris
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:13:17 -0500

> I trying to add an ADSM for Solaris 2.6. The box is a Sun Ultra 2
> Enterprise. The library is a Sun L1000. I can't get the library to
> intitialize. If I issue the "mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status" command it
> recognizes that a DLT7000 is attached.

You should comment out the target id for the library from
/kernel/drv/st.conf, as you are going to configure IBM's mt/lb drivers,
by adding the entires to /usr/kernel/drv/lb.conf (library), and
/usr/kernel/drv/mt.conf (drives).

The, as root, issue the commands:

/usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt
/usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/lb

Look in /dev/rmt for the lb and mt entries.

You can then define the library, and the drives.

If you want to unload mt and lb:

/usr/sbin/rem_drv mt
/usr/sbin/rem_drv lb

Hope this helps.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,