ADSM-L

Re: two sol clients on one machine

1999-03-15 10:08:09
Subject: Re: two sol clients on one machine
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:08:09 -0500

>      in order to split up Oracle DB backup and filesystem backup
>      (incremental) we intend to use two 3.1.0.6 clients on one Solaris
>      client machine, having two exlude-files, two dsm.sys etc.
>
>      Who did this already and is running this configuration
> successfully?
>      Please would somebody give me instructions on how to set up this?

Sure.  But, use only one dsm.sys and dsm.opt.

In dsm.opt

* Sevever for Oracle dumps
SErvername      ORACLE
Verbose

* S3rvername for non-Oracle parts of machine
SErvername      ADSM
Verbose

In dsm.sys

SErvername ADSM
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     adsm.address.com
   Passwordaccess       generate
   Inclexcl             /etc/adsm.exclude
   compression          off
   tcpbuffsize          32
   tcpwindowsize        128
   txnbytelimit         25600
   ChangingRetries      2
* Error log
   errorlogname          /var/adm/log/dsmerror.log
   errorlogretention     14 D
* Scheduling Options
   maxcmdretries        6
   queryschedperiod     12
   retryperiod          10
   schedlogname         /var/adm/log/adsm.schedlog
   schedlogretention    14 D
   schedmode            prompted

SErvername ORACLE
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     adsm.address.com
   Nodename             adcd2.oracle
   Passwordaccess       generate
   Inclexcl             /etc/adsm.oracle
   compression          off
   tcpbuffsize          31
   tcpwindowsize        64
   txnbytelimit         25600
   ChangingRetries      2
* Error log
   errorlogname          /var/adm/log/dsmerror.oracle.log
   errorlogretention     14 D
* Scheduling Options
   maxcmdretries        6
   queryschedperiod     12
   retryperiod          10
   schedlogname         /var/adm/log/adsm.oracle.schedlog
   schedlogretention    49 D
   schedmode            prompted
   PREschedulecmd       "/etc/init.d/oradb stop > /tmp/db.stop"
   POSTschedulecmd      "/etc/init.d/oradb start > /tmp/db.start"

...and to start the two schedulers in /etc/init.d:

 /bin/dsmc sch -RunAsService -se=oracle > /dev/null 2>&1 &
 /bin/dsmc sch -RunAsService -se=adsm > /dev/null 2>&1 &

It's that simple....

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,