ADSM-L

Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX

1999-03-04 20:17:56
Subject: Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:17:56 -0800
Hi bruno,

         As I said we are using 3995 optical tapes.

03/04/1999 03:16:23  ANR2316W Audit Volume deleting damaged file on volume
                      CRT037: Node CSIFIAPP626, Type Backup, File space
                      \\csifiapp626\d$, File Name \NTRESKIT\TDITRACE\
                      OEMSETUP.INF.

03/04/1999 03:39:50  ANR2314I Audit volume process ended for volume CRT037;
                      23867 files inspected, 5 damaged files deleted, 0
damaged
                      files marked as damaged.

I still do not know why this corruption. Often there is no I/O error. The
reason I had try this AUDIT volume is that frequently the migration and
reclamation processes were hanging. As you are It is a lengthy process .
Unlike your case  my drives are not giving any error indications. I do not
know whether this problem is because of my volumes or due to some ADSM
limitation even at this level.

Sincere regards

Sri