ADSM-L

Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX

1999-03-05 09:03:39
Subject: Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX
From: Chuck Bell <bellcr AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:03:39 -0700
Hi Sri,

I had some questions about your 3995 optical library.  I have an account
with a 3995 optical library also and it frequently causes problems with
cartridges.  I have also some other names of people that are having similar
problems with the 3995s.

Do your cartridges normally fill to 41% (end of side A) or 91% (end of side
B) before they go corrupt on you?

What OS and configuration are you using your 3995s from?

What model of 3995 is it?

At what rate do you usually have bad cartridges?

If it is the same problem that the rest of us seem to be having than it is
a problem with your end of volume marker and right now we believe to be a
problem with the drive's microcode and not ADSM.

I appreciate any information you could send me.

Thanks,

Chuck Bell

Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
 Bernard M. Baruch