ADSM-L

Re: When to run DUMP/LOAD & AUDIT

1999-02-25 05:34:45
Subject: Re: When to run DUMP/LOAD & AUDIT
From: Herwig Evenepoel <Herwig.Evenepoel AT KB DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:34:45 +0100
Hi,

A few months we just had the same problem during expiration.
All the procedures dump/load/audit did not work in our case,

We first did audit db which took more than two days what means
that your ADSM is not accessable for backup/restore/.....

Because the problem was not solved IBM told us to do a dump db
and afterwards a load db.
The result again after several days was that we were not able anymore
to load the db.

Fortunately, we had plans to migrate to a new environment and continued
with this environment. Else, we could lose everything because the data would
not be accessible
after the dump db.

So in any case, ask a written procedure of IBM and certainly make e good db
backup before
you start with audit, dump, ... For the commands, you have some undocumented
commands, ask IBM.

Good luck, you will need it

Herwig Evenepoel
KBC Bank Belgium

arshadmunir AT hotmail DOT com on 25/02/99 10:26:00