ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler on Windows95

1999-02-02 10:53:40
Subject: Re: Scheduler on Windows95
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:53:40 -0500
We backup win95 clients and found out the following:

*       Prompted mode doesn't work with DHCP in our environment. We use
polling. The interval is set to 7hours. This causes a hit to the ADSM server
every 7 hours but helps to randomize the start times in addition to ADSM's (
Non Randomizing ) Randomization algorithm.
*       The ADSM Schedule is in the startup folder so that it will launch on
startup.
*       In version 2.1.05 if a user hits the ALT key the countdown timer
will freeze. Hitting the enter key will start the timer again. This is
resolved in the version 3 client.

We still have problems with the users killing the ADSM Scheduler.  Word was
that IBM/Tivoli/ Whomever is working to get the scheduler off the Task bar
and into the system tray. This would help with accidental killing of the
scheduler. Hopefully they will get rid of the blasted DOS box too.

Good Luck!
CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Dilbert words of Wisdom:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day.
Tomorrow isn't looking good either!