ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Paul asked
#Has anyone tried to run the Solaris 2.6 client on Solaris 2.7?  Any luck?
#We're in a pinch.

As they say over here "I haven't - but I know a man who has". From an earlier
posting,
russells AT auckland.ac DOT nz wrote (I hope he won't mind me reproducing his
pearls
of wisdom!):

>Seems to work fine on my Solaris 7 systems.

>So far only on a sun4m architecture (SPARCstation 5).  I do not have a
>UltraSPARC machine I can test it on yet to see if it will run on a 64
>bit kernel.

>No obvious reasons why the ADSM backup client will not work.  The HSM
>client probably won't as part of it runs in the kernel.

>The IBMadsm-c package will not install on a Solaris 7 system unless
>you hit it.

> - use pkgtrans to extract the files to a directory tree.
> - Find and edit the script that checks this is Solaris 2.6.
> - Edit the pkgmap file to reflect the new checksum and size
> - You should then be able to use pkgadd to install the client

>Russell

We're just getting round to migrating to Solaris 2.6, (from v2.4), so it'll be
a while before I come
across this problem!

Hope this helps.

Bob Cross.
--Boundary_(ID_n7NhJA9M/bZ/sZjwaE8Faw)--