ADSM-L

Re: Long response

1999-01-18 09:48:46
Subject: Re: Long response
From: fx aka fx <efix AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:48:46 PST
>From:         Walter Stucki <wstucki AT SAIRGROUP DOT COM>

>i'm currently installing ADSM for MVS Version 3.1 Server and have
>a problem loggin on using TCP/IP. Connecting to the Server takes
>quit a long time, (approx. 10 to 12 seconds). Traceing TCP/IP did not
>show any problems, we only see that there is a "wait" of about 10
seconds
>on the Server side before the client get connected. Has anyone an idea
>what i could have done wrong during installation?

 looks like a problem in the dns reverse resolution: the server is
trying to do a reverse lookup on the client's ip address but get
no answer. do you have a well configured dns ?

 amicalement,
              fx

---
       fx AT 4js DOT com         | The ten thousand things.
       fx AT 4js DOT com         | The ten thousand things.
Networking & system stuff | How long do any persist?
  http://www.4js.com/     | Netscape, too, has gone.