ADSM-L

Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?

1999-01-11 09:38:00
Subject: Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:38:00 +0100
Werner,

I'm not handling EMC2 storage, but I guess that you can do it easily.
Just be sure you are splitting the FSs after having stopped the
omservices, or if your prefer, use timefinder to make a third copy of the
omstore.

For your information, when omservices are stopped, nobody is accessing
anything under /var/opt/openmail/... , sendmail may still work but on
/var/spool/...
In my OM early times I used to backup the omstore using OmniBack-II and
backing-up the raw devices ... the Disaster Recory tests were always
successfully

Seeya

Ciao Mauro

> Mauro.TINELLI AT st DOT com wrote:
> >
> > - with mirroring, five minutes at the most. In fact, what you do is
> >   split and then mount at a different location the FSs.
> >
> > - without mirroring, about 1 hour, depending on how big is your
OMStore.